People all over the world suffer from back pain when completing day-to-day activities, and for some, even while they are sitting. While back pain can occur for a number of reasons, whether that be genetic or caused by an accident or other forms of trauma, people all over the world look for pain relief from their seemingly “unshakable” pain.
One of the more common back pains, something that medical manufacturing companies like us at HealthSmart try to tailor to is sciatica, a lower body neuralgia that can be caused by common back injuries. While sciatica is not fully a back injury, it is a leg and lower back pain that affects many people that had prior back pain.
In today’s blog, our medical manufacturing company is going to discuss sciatica, what it is, what symptoms it exhibits, as well as a form of sciatica relief, the DMIⓇ Memory Foam Coccyx Seat Cushion Pillow.
What Is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a condition that encompasses all pain that is experienced in the legs and lower back of an affected person as a result of sciatic nerve irritation. Generally, when people refer to sciatica, they are usually speaking of back pain or discomfort, but sciatica can also affect, and cause pain, in the lower legs.
While there is an extremely large amount of people who suffer from sciatica or symptoms like sciatica, it is extremely hard for healthcare professionals to create a standard, or average, description of sciatica, as no two symptoms are exactly alike.
The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the human body, with its nerve roots beginning on the spine in the lower back and disseminating outwards into the legs, buttocks, and surrounding regions. The sciatic nerve also stimulates some of the larger muscles in the legs, making it extremely involved in the use of toes, thigh, calf, and foot muscles. In fact, the issues associated with sciatica are often so widespread because of the large nerves involved in the lower body. Because of this, quality healthcare products like the DMIⓇ Memory Foam Coccyx Seat Cushion Pillow aim to create relief for a patient suffering from sciatica while they sit.
So now we know what sciatica is, but what are the general symptoms that it causes?
General Sciatica Symptoms
Sciatica may affect a wide variety of people differently, but most often, affected patients experience nerve pain on only one side of their body. That being said, sciatica is extremely variable, making it hard to generalize the nerve pain. Below, your home healthcare product company has outlined some of the more general symptoms that are reportedly experienced during sciatic inflammation.
- Although lower back pain is an extremely general description of bodily distress, it is described as a symptom that most people with sciatica reportedly experience. Luckily, there are innovative medical devices that people can use in a home like the DMIⓇ Relax-A-Back Lumbar Cushion that may allow those suffering temporary relief.
- People affected with sciatica may also show symptoms of pain in their buttocks or legs that worsens when sitting. Sitting can apply pressures on the inflamed nerve, causing pain, but there are products to alleviate such pains like the DMIⓇ Memory Foam Coccyx Seat Cushion Pillow. Home healthcare products, like the seat cushion mentioned above, are effective in relieving the stresses put on the lower back and tailbone areas that cause sciatic pain.
- Another common experience symptom is hip pain and tingling in the legs. Patients commonly report the discomfort of tingling or burning in their legs as a result of the sciatic nerve “acting up,” as well as the tightening of the hips, causing pain and discomfort.
- Weakness is another commonly reported feeling as the damaged sciatic nerve begins an episode. Because of the widespread branches of the nerve, the effects of the weakness can vary greatly. People suffering from sciatica have also described the feeling of weakness as a result of sciatic nerve damage to numbness, claiming that it just makes it harder to move around and complete day-to-day tasks.
While the above symptoms are commonly reported symptoms, it is important that we, as a medical manufacturing company, reiterate that sciatica is an extremely variable condition that can be extremely different for any two people.
Sciatica can be caused by a large variety of incidents, but among the most common are sciatica emerging as a result of an unrelated injury or event. Below we have listed the most common causes of sciatica.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis. Lumbar spinal stenosis is a condition that typically affects older adults where the spinal canal may begin to narrow. Once the spinal canal starts to narrow, it can put pressure on the spinal cord, as well as nerves like the sciatic nerve.
- Degenerative disc disease. The degeneration of discs in the spine has been known to put pressures on nerves, as well as spinal joints. Often times, the sciatic nerve is included in the affected nerves.
- Pregnancy and muscle spasms are the most overlooked causes of sciatica, as they seem like unlikely candidates. That being said, both pregnancy and muscle spasms put unwanted pressures on the lower back, and can often lead to sciatic nerve damage of irritation.
- Spondylolisthesis is the last major cause of sciatica that we will discuss today. This spinal condition refers to when a vertebrae move forward over the top of another. If this event occurs in the lower back, it is likely that sciatica may occur.
Sciatica can occur as a result of many reasons, but those listed above are the most commonly reported causes. Luckily, if you are suffering from sciatica, there are some home healthcare products that can help alleviate some of the pain that is experienced on a day-to-day basis.
Alleviate Sciatic Pain With The DMIⓇ Memory Foam Coccyx Seat Cushion Pillow
As a medical manufacturing company, the team here at HealthSmart understands the importance of having access to quality medical products in the comfort of your own home. Because of this, we sell out home healthcare products in two facets; business to business, and business to consumer.
If you suffer from sciatica and sciatic nerve irritation, sitting down can change from an easy task to an impossible one. Luckily, our innovative medical product the DMIⓇ Memory Foam Coccyx Seat Cushion Pillow is the perfect way to relieve pressure and alleviate pain caused by the sciatic nerve. Our ergonomic memory foam cushion is not only comfortable, but it can be used anywhere from your car to your desk, to the kitchen table. Not only is it comfortable, but it also features an opening on the rear that can provide your tailbone with the pressure relief it needs to calm down the irritation of the nerve, thus resulting in more relaxed hips, buttocks, back, and legs. Check out the DMIⓇ Memory Foam Coccyx Seat Cushion Pillow today to ensure that you get the relief that you need from sciatica.